woensdag 13 juli 2016

The making of the Daisy Convention doll 2016

This year we were going to Edinburgh,Scotland, so obviously we needed to implement something Scottish in our doll. But we also wanted to get back to the roots, and give her a fashion outfit, instead of a souvenir outfit, so how to bring these 2 together.
Lots of thinking and discussing, but finally we had a dress design, based on one of the later Flair outfits for Daisy, and Ingie made all those beautiful dresses:


Ralph made up stockings for our girls:


And Helen made belts to go with the dresses:


I made fleece jackets:

Vicky made chokers:


Ingie made berets:





I made the handbags:







Helen designed the artwork for the box:
And Ingie, Helene and I rerooted most of the dolls.

My husband cutted and glued the boxes, and I personalised them.

The day before the convention Ralph, Ingie, Helene and I met up in the convention room and it all came together:








\

And the result, one happy bunch of convention attendees:








2 opmerkingen:

  1. I really love the back to the roots design - this outfit is so lovely and the colours are great!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Laila. We were all very pleased with how she turned out :)

      Verwijderen