woensdag 6 mei 2015

Daisy in Denmark Convention 2015

I have been longing to do blog updates over the past few months, but all my projects were meant to stay a secret, at least until last saturday.
Saturday the 2nd of May it was the big day again; time for the 4th annual Daisy Convention. This time the location was Copenhagen, Denmark.
So from January and onwards I have been busy sorting a convention location, organising the programme, goodiebags, and of course also getting the sign ups organised and the convention dolls. To add to the fun there were some competitions, and I really wanted to have a go at them too. Also I had promissed to be this years quizmaster, so a quiz and prizes for the quiz and competitions needed to be organised as well.
Last Friday I arrived in Copenhagen, and a friend of mine (who happens to be a fellow Daisy collector as well) who lives there, was so kind to be my private driver and pick me up at the airport.
We went to the hotelroom, and started dressing and boxing the convention dolls, and sorting the goodie bags as well.
This year non-attendees were allowed to send in their entries for the competition too, which meant they should also have a chance to vote, so all entries needed to be photographed....
When all that was taken care of, it was time for supper.

picture courtesy of Lene
Saturday morning arrived, and we were busy getting everything ready for the convention. Ralph and I had been in touch with a lovely lady who has lots of Daisy things for sale, and after a while she arrived too. Big frenzy in the room, as everyone was looking at all the lovely things she had with her, and the programme started later, but I think everyone bought some things, and enjoyed going through all the for sale items.
As I was trying to upload the contest entries on a superslow netbook on a superslow network, we had to work around the programme in a somewhat different order.
I think there was a round of the prize table (which was really loaded with lots of Daisy loveliness!)

photo courtesy of Laila




Jo showed how to restring a Dashing Daisy:

pictures courtesy of Ralph
And Helene demonstrated a reroot.
Then it was already time for lunch. The lunch was really excellent, and I managed to get the last contest entries uploaded and set up a voting poll.
After the lunchbreak we went back to the programme.
We had a lovely slideshow, made by Ralph.
By then I realised we had 'skipped' the part of the programme where we would introduce  ourselves with our favourite Daisy, and/or accessory, so we hopped back to that:

Jillian showed us her lovely Daisy nails, picture courtesy of Helene

Jillians chosen one, the one that got to visit Europe, all the way from Australia, picture courtesy of Laila

We also did the OOAK outfit swap in which I got this lovely floral frock from Lene:



And here's the outfit I made for the OOAK outfit swap :



Another fun part of the programme, which was planned, was how to fix a broken neck:

pictures courtesy of Ralph

Next on our programme was the Daisy Quiz, always feared when Ralph was the quizmaster, and I'm afraid the questions didn't really get that much easier with me being quizmaster this year.
Winner this year was Ralph, his prize a 96 pcs jigsaw, and one bag with extra prizes which I had for everyone, a postcard, keyring and Daisy-sized hat (choice between pink and black).


Of course there were also the competitions, and we needed the votes for those too, really lovely entries.

A H:C Andersen fairytale, L-R: The Emperors New clothes, The Snow Queen, The Silver Shilling, The Snow Queen, the Phoenix Bird, The Marsh King's Daughter, the Daisy

Jack the Dullard

The Viking Competition

The jewellery competition
The winning entries were:
For the HC Andersen Competition:
First prizes, a draw between:

The Marsh King's Daughter, by Jillian

The Phoenix Bird, by me


The second prize, a draw between:

The Snow Queen, by Helene

The Silver Shilling, by Donna-Maree
The third prize :

The Daisy, by Ralph

For the Viking Competition:
First prize:

Viking by me
Second prize:
Viking by Ingie
 Third prize, a draw between:

Viking by Laila
Viking by Ralph
Jewellery Competition:

First prize:
by me
Second prize:
by Laila
Third prize:
by Ralph
We had another look at all our single shoes and quite a few of us managed to complete pairs, I think.

As Michelle had to leave the convention early, we had to speed up the programme a little bit, and while I got the covention dolls from my room, everyone got their goodie bag. All those bags were lovingly handmade and donated by Vicky.

picture courtesy of Ralph

Time for another big moment, the presentation of the official Convention Doll 2015:
picture courtesy of Ralph
Ralph and Jillian, admiring their convention dolls


Of course all day we had a lot of other lovely Daisy displays:
Daisy Brides:


pictures courtesy of Laila and Helene
 Daisy Sleepwear:

pictures courtesy of Laila, Helene, Lene and Ralph
picture courtesy of Helene
Laila's special display:
pictures courtesy of Helene
Lene's special display:
picture courtesy of Laila
Helene's special displays:
picture courtesy of Ralph

picture courtesy of Lene
picture courtesy of Ralph and Laila
Also a small group with some of my special dolls and outfits, and Ralph's clone doll:
picture courtesy of Laila

Optimum dress, picture courtesy of Helene

Ralph's clone doll, picture courtesy of Helene
All in all a wonderful day and lots of happy memories.
The only thing that went wrong was, when I was trying to upload my pictures of convention day on sunday morning, my photocard must have gotten hacked through the hotel network, so I lost all my own pictures. Fortunately I had already saved the competition entries on my computer, and I had a couple of pictures on my phone. And the lovely Laila, Lene, Helene and Ralph all gave me permission to use their pictures for my blog. Thanks so much everyone, you're all awesome!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow! I'm in awe. Your dolls are incredible. I've just bought my first Daisy - well first since I was a child. She needs restringing and I'm frantically searching the internet for help. She's a dashing Daisy. Do you have any advice please?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh, I only just noticed your reaction. I use 2 small elastic bands and crochet hooks. First I attach one elastic band to an arm, and then to the opposite leg. I do the same on the other side. I guess I will have to take pictures, next time I'm going to restring. Hope this helps a bit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen