vrijdag 8 november 2013

Ellowyne and the roaring '20s

Wilde Imagination sold 2 Great Depression dolls this year, Great Depression Lizette & Great Depression Ellwoyne.
I'm not sure if this was the start of some talented people designing patterns for this era, or that it all started with Downtown Abbey.
They've also got a lovely Mist, Green Tea and Me Ellowyne, which is a similar style.
Anyhow, I got a pattern from Phillippa for a '20s dress and going through my boxes of fabric I got really inspired. Here is the link to the pattern in her etsy shop: 1920's style dress pattern by Phillippa
In her pattern she states that the 20's look is all about the accesories. Like cloche hat, beaded headband or tiara, layering necklaces in coloured beads, pearl or rhinestones......
Well, that got me started, so the first thing I made was a 2 layered necklace and a simple bracelet.



When I had that finished I started sewing the dress, and finished it by adding sequins and pearls to it.
I even made a headband with pearls.
All in all I quite like the result.

Here is Feeling Drained, shwoing the result of my efforts. Posing in front of the Taj Mahal. 



I love how well her colouring and the red wig work with this outfit.


1 opmerking: