dinsdag 24 september 2013

Sewing for Ellowyne

As I mentioned before, I had been looking up links for free patterns for Ellowyne.
The first dress I've been sewing for her is this one:


You can find it back here: http://dolloutfits.com/patterns/robesoleilello/index.html

Another dress from a free pattern is here:



I am donating this dress set as a prize for a contest at a Yahoo Ellowyne group.

Speaking of the contest, I really wanted to join in, as the theme is : It's only make believe.
**Show one of your WI girls as your favorite movie, TV, novel or fairytale character. Please include a 2-6 line poem telling us about your photo when adding your entry to the contest album I will set up on September 5th. You can include any other WI doll in your scene if necessary, but the main focus should be on any girl from the Ellowyne line.

Being a huge Wheel of Time fan (yes, it's the fantasy novel series by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson) I immediately knew I wanted to make the Lade Moiraine Damodred, Aes Sedai of the blue ajah.

So I bought some patterns from http://www.dollpatternbazaar.com/ , which I thought would be great for this theme. The seller was very helpful and included an extra pattern for the hat of the cloak, as the one for the female cloak would be too small for Ellowyne.

Since I had trouble finding sky blue velvet for the cloak, I only managed to finish the dress in time for the contest, but of course I had to make the cloak too


 This picture is my contest entry, and here is the poem:
On a cold winternight my wish was fulfilled~
 I heard the foretelling of the Dragon Reborn~
 But scared was I, not thrilled~
 For almost twenty years I´ve searched the world~
 And now I´ve found him in a place forlorn~
 And the three Ta´veren threads twirled~
 Through the pattern of the Wheel of Time~
 To weave a web of Destiny~




Yes, I still need to hem the dress, but it wasn't really necessary for the contest picture. :D




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten